Friday, August 9, 2013

Jealousy, Money & Relationships

Why is it that when our spouse isn't jealous we get upset and when they are jealous we get annoyed?
Good question, huh?
Why is money, truly, the root of all evil?
It's disgusting if you really break it down and think about it all: As humans, we love money and for the most part it seems to make us happy. Now let me ask you this, what about when we don't have enough? We seem to let it destroy us as a person, we let it rip us apart and depress us....causing not only problems within ourselves but problems with others such as family and also our spouse. With our economy now, its terribly hard for some to find a job. Most jobs call for a high school diploma, a G.E.D., and 2 or more years of previous experience in whatever it maybe you are applying for. Nowadays, it seems McDonalds or fast food is about the only thing you are guaranteed to get a position in. But, that still doesn't help when you want to find a better, more professional, job later on in life. No one notices that you worked at the local McDonalds for 3 years while you were in high school. So therefore you are at a stand-still on where to apply next. Sometimes getting a job is about "who you know" and sometimes even "how much money you have" and how "well-known" you are. Such a sad world we live in.
Now there are people who play the poor-pitiful me game of "well no one is hiring", as they sit on their rear watching TV all while living off the government. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE! Then we have those who wake up every single day, hopeful and search but still don't have the right qualifications, and most of the time these are the people who are the most hardworking, who have been through hell and back and actually know the value of a dollar. Yet, employers hire these spoon-fed adults who don't give two-shits.
When some one cannot find a job after searching and searching, it eventually takes a toll on them. Causing them depression and to become a recluse to the world, leaving them feeling worthless. Now, what about when you find a job and your spouse doesn't seem to support your job or career decision, when it's really the only option you have at that moment? Even though you've done nothing but support your spouse 100% in their decision making. Your spouse constantly nags about your needing to find employment but once you do, it isn't the right job and then seems a little disappointed which brings other concerns to the surface of your relationship.
A spouse should stand behind you no matter what at all times! Through good and bad, thick and thin!
With my job decision of deciding to go be a Hooters Girl, I'm not going to lie, it has caused some issues between N and I. He's seemed to almost shut it out of his mind and totally played the "I don't care" card. Which in my mind has come across as well he doesn't care and isn't proud of me or proud of my job decision. If anything, he would be embarrassed. But it hasn't started with the job...like I said the job has just brought some other things to the surface that I've noticed but failed to mention.
I want my spouse to be proud to be dating one of the "World Famous Hooters Girls" I know if I was a guy, I would be. I am the most faithful person he has EVER dated, I've never done anything to embarrass him before, I get dressed up for him only to be put on the back-burner when we go out on the weekends. You should never have to BEG your spouse for attention, and basically that's what I'm doing. I'm standing here daily, begging my spouse to show me off to his friends, make them jealous and be proud to have me on his arm. I'm tired of begging, especially when they're are "plenty of fish in sea" who would be more than happy to show me off and show me the attention I deserve. No, I'm not saying leave your spouse when they aren't showing you attention and I'm definitely not telling you to cheat, that is a complete NO-NO!
Now with all that being said, I think a lot of guys think money can buy a girls happiness, yes in the beginning it can! But once your feelings get involved money no longer matters, attention and love do! Yes, I know we all get caught up in work and sometimes we neglect our spouse because we may be tired and have other issues on our brain but trying to occupy someone with money does nothing....especially for someone who is looking for emotional comfort, love and attention from their significant other.
Always give your spouse the attention and love they deserve or someone else will.
Communication is key.
Lets say that again: Communication is key.
Now, one more time: Communication is key.
If your spouse doesn't seem worthy of your attention or even your love, then communicate and explain what's going through your head. I know it's hard to bring up the conversation, but if it isn't resolved it will only get worse....




I know, personally. I've been there and experienced it.



XOXO,
Hooters Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment