Thursday, August 8, 2013

The day of applying

I decided Sunday night (8/4/13) I was going to wake up the next day and get all dolled up and go to my local Hooters and apply between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. (remember, that is always the best times to apply at any restaurant). But I was SO excited and nervous I didn't go to sleep until 7 a.m.! N got in from work shortly after I finally fell asleep and asked what time I was going to start getting ready. I said, "Around 10." He went back downstairs to eat breakfast and to let me finish sleeping. (He's the sweetest!)
At 10 a.m. I woke up and got a shower, making sure to shave my legs extra good because I still wasn't dead-set on what I was going to wear. I applied lotion to my body along with body-glitter lotion (I'd say I'm slightly obsessed with body glitter) I started with my hair, I blew it out with the blow dryer making sure to apply plenty of my favorite Brocato volumizer spray to my roots, while it was still damp. Once it was dried, I velcro-rolled the crown of my hair to give it some extra volume, since I hate teasing due to hair breakage. I heated the rollers up with the heat from the blow dryer, topped my crown off with my Shaper Plus by Sebastian hairspray and left my hair in the rollers to cool off and set. In the meantime I started on my makeup, I applied my Bare Minerals moisturizer and prepped my skin with my Bare Minerals makeup primer. Then I started the 3 famous Bare Minerals steps: SWIRL, TAP, BUFF. After finishing off my face with the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, I started on my eyebrows, which I always shape and fill in. Then I continued with my eye makeup I finally decided that I would do a smoky cat eye, which turned out fabulous!! :) I applied lots of mascara making sure my eyelashes weren't clumpy, that is definitely not Hooters Girl appropriate! I continued with taking down the rollers in my hair, ran my Chi flat iron through it to smooth out some waves and curls from the rollers, applied more hairspray, dusted my neck, chest, and shoulders with tinted body glitter, brushed my teeth, and then went to my closet to find something Hooters-worthy to apply in! After searching for what seemed like forever, I decided to borrow N's step-sisters closet where I found a sheer black top with lace cutouts on the shoulders (all the way down the sleeves, which were 3/4 lengths). Since the top was sheer I wore a solid black bandeau underneath. I also decided to wear shorts. Yes, I wore shorts...white American Eagle shorts. The only jewelry I wore was a diamond stud earring in each ear, since Hooters Girls aren't supposed to wear anything more, I wanted to look simple like a Hooters Girl should. So far I had achieved it, at least I thought so. I finished off my outfit with some silver sandals. I looked myself over in the mirror one last time, applied some lip gloss, and doused myself in Victoria's Secret Heavenly Angels body spray, which I decided last minute to bring along so I could reapply in the car, if needed.
I grabbed my keys, my purse, and told N goodbye. I was finally on my way....



XOXO,
Hooters Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment