Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Hooters Girl Audition:

I woke up that morning to only see it was raining, FML. So I started getting ready I did my hair the exact same way I did the day before when I applied for the Hooters Girl position. I did my makeup the same except instead of a smoky eye, I went with a light super shimmery eye (remember I love shimmer!) I wore a black Juicy Couture tracksuit and only wore my nude bra under the jacket. I didn't have pantyhose to bring and wasn't going to go out an buy any because D never said for sure if I was hired or not. I also brought a pair of white and silver Nike's. I left extra early so I could be early, because even if you ARE on time, you're still considered late to some employers. ALWAYS be early!
When I arrived I had to call to make sure the front door was unlocked, it wasn't but a Hooters girl came and unlocked it for me. She took me to the back to D. He gave the Hooters Girl a measurement tape and a piece of paper. She said, "Ok lets go to the bathroom." So I followed. She measured certain places on my body for my uniform. Then she left the bathroom telling me she'd be back. When she came back she had a Hooters Girl uniform in hand. I told her I didn't bring pantyhose so she took me to the back where there was a vending machine of nothing but pantyhose, they were $5 a pair. I went back to the bathroom to put on the famous Hooters Girl uniform. The Hooters Girl uniform is a totally different post in itself. So for now, I'm not going to mention any details about it. Sorry.
Anyways, after putting on the Hooters Girl uniform I walked out and stood around with the other Hooters girls. D came out and introduced me and mentioned I was doing my audition and I would be following a Hooters Girls, who we will call LB. LB was loud and dark haired. She had a mustache due to her makeup being caked on too thick. Although without makeup, I'm positive you could still see her black mustache.
For the next two hours I pranced around in my Hooters Girl uniform for D to see how comfortable I was in it. I also walked around and hung out and chatted with some tables. D called me over to run some food to tables and then when I came back he said, "Ok, you're hired! Go change your clothes, you can keep that uniform, and then come back over to me with your audition paper I gave you yesterday." So I did the above. I came back over and he pulled out a pen and wrote on the back:

(His name) D
Hired me on Tuesday!
I look good in the uniform
and I auditioned well.
Set me up for an orientation
please.
 
He told me to be back on Friday 8/9/13 at 3:45 p.m. (with my audition paper) to speak with my General Manager, who I haven't met yet, about orientation. That makes me a little nervous since the GM is supposed to be the man who hires and fires.
 
I'm finally completely caught up on my blogs, so now I will blog daily. Stay tuned for more!
 
 
 
XOXO,
Hooters Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment